Harold Newsome established the business in 1937, in the early years the company specialised in the design and production of small scale structural steel frames. During the 2nd World War the company diversified at the request of the government and produced components for the famous floating Mulberry Harbours which were moored off the coast of Normandy in the wake of the D-Day landings. After the war the business reverted back to providing structural steel frames from industrial sheds to schools and hotels as Britain re-grouped and re-built.
The business has thrived over its 80 year history and currently employs over 50 people. We pride ourselves on being a stalwart of the local community, providing jobs, sponsoring local teams and working closely with local businesses.